Over 99% of companies in the state of California operate as small businesses. However, to successfully run your company and protect employees, commercial insurance is a necessity. We have helped many businesses here at Kramer Insurance Services Inc., and we would love the opportunity to help you as well.
Commercial Insurance Requirements
There are a few insurance policies that are required for all businesses operating in California, which include:
- All companies must carry workers compensation if they have any employees
- The state of California also requires that all businesses provide disability insurance. This is meant to cover wage replacement coverage that is partial for any eligible employee for injury or non-work-related sickness.
- California requires all companies to carry and meet the minimum insurance requirements for businesses that have company vehicles. On another note, if you currently use your car for business purposes, we highly recommend purchasing a business auto insurance policy.
Here are some optional but highly recommended insurance options for your business:
- Business owner's policy- This is a policy that covers liability losses and property from risks that are unexpected resulting from things such as an injured customer or smoke damage to merchandise.
- Errors and Omissions- This policy gives you much-needed financial protection against lawsuits having to do with errors and omissions.
- Commercial property insurance- This policy typically covers buildings that you either own or lease, business property on premises such as equipment and computers, and personal property of others.
- EPLI- This is an important policy because it covers wrongful employment, discrimination, and sexual harassment. Businesses are protected with this policy from claims made by employees who feel that their legal rights have been violated as a worker.
To obtain a quote for your business, visit our Kramer Insurance Services Inc. website. We service all businesses within the state of California.