Shopping for Auto Insurance
Auto insurance is important to have no matter what state you live in. California has its own set of laws that all drivers must abide by. We make shopping for auto insurance easy here at Kramer Insurance Services Inc. Protecting your investment and you and your passengers are our priority in helping you choose the most beneficial coverage for your situation.
Requirements for Auto Insurance
Just as any other state, California requires all drivers to obtain the following coverage for their car at the minimum:
- Bodily injury coverage of $15,000 for each person and $30,000 for each accident
- Property damage liability coverage of at least $5,000
- Uninsured bodily injury coverage of at least $15,000 for each person and $30,000 for each accident
- Uninsured property damage coverage of at least $3,500
While these are just the minimum requirements to be considered legal behind the wheel, everyone has their own unique insurance needs.
Here are some additional coverage options that you may want to consider for your auto insurance policy:
- Medical payments- Depending on your selected limit, this coverage will pay for each person, including yourself, injured in an accident. Expenses for dental, medical, hospitalization, and funeral are included.
- Comprehensive- If your vehicle is damaged, or you suffer a loss resulting from an earthquake, theft, fire, glass breakage, vandalism, or even explosion, this option will cover you.
- Collision- While optional, it is necessary since it gives you needed protection if you are involved in an accident with an object or another vehicle.
- Uninsured/underinsured- This option covers you against other drivers involved in an accident who either have no insurance or inadequate coverage to cover damages.
To obtain a quote, visit our Kramer Insurance Services Inc. website today. We help all drivers in the state of California.